Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes

A few notes...

I've been doing pretty well with not eating the food at work. All I've had is a bagel yesterday and another today (both multi-grain), and while that's more than I wanted, I'll own it and accept it. A couple months ago, I would have told myself, "Oh, I'm getting a bagel, I might as well get (insert-dessert-here) and (insert-drink-here)...'just to put our sales up.'" I didn't get any add-ons with these bagels--not even cream cheese. Go, me.

On that note, I have tomorrow off and will be putting together a couple meals to take to work to avoid the need for bagels.

On another work-related note, I've gotten a "temporary promotion" and will be the cafe manager for the next 4-6 weeks or so. While this will pretty much eliminate my financial stress (yay!) it may increase my work-related stress (boo!). It hasn't been bad so far, except for my first attempt at making an employee schedule for next week, and I'm thinking that it won't be terribly nerve-wracking. At least, I'm trying to tell myself that. I'm trying to be laid-back and not worry about it. At the same time, I AM keeping in mind some healthy ways that I'll relieve any additional stress, so I don't revert to bad habits.

I have some new goals. Not really measureable ones, but goals nonetheless:

1. I have a weekend of bellydance workshops coming up in April. As my schedule stands, I'll be taking 4 classes over 2 days, so about 4 hours of dancing each day. However, I would like to add 1 or 2 more classes to that weekend, which will mean there's a possibility that I'll be doing up to 6 hours of dancing in one day. My stamina is, of course, nowhere NEAR that level. I need to fix that, and I have about 3.5 months to do it.

2. I'm going to Pennsic this summer (http://www.pennsicwar.org) and I want to look good if, by some stroke of craziness, I end up dancing around a fire or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment