Monday, February 13, 2012

Good Times

Wow, has it really been almost a month since my last post? Ha. That didn't take long. I'll try to do better.

There have been a lot of stressful things going on lately--mostly dealing with work. I don't remember if I mentioned it last month, but I'm temporarily the cafe manager at work, which is kind of a "stretch assignment" for me, to see how I'll fare as the "real" cafe manager in the future. Go, me. Apparently I'm doing pretty well, according to everyone who tells me to my face that I am. All I'm really able to focus on, though, are how many things are going wrong--things I've screwed up myself (weekly order, mostly, as we continue to run out of things even when I thought I got everything) as well as things that are beyond my control (employees leaving, hour cuts). I almost feel like everything is being orchestrated, just to see how I react, because I'm SURE the real cafe manager doesn't have to deal with all of this all the time. Right? (Paranoid--that's me!)

At any rate, the stretch assignment should be coming to an end soon, and I'll be thankful. As much as I'm enjoying my pay raise, and as sad as I'll be to lose it, I'm utterly exhausted by the stress of the past month. And I'll be happy as can be when the usual cafe manager comes back, because then I'll get to spend more time with her (she's one of my best friends).

That said, I'm thinking about going back to school. To study nutrition. I know, right? The fat girl who has a horrible relationship with food wants to possibly become a nutritionist. But I figure learning as much as I can will help me in the long run, and it would be nice to make a career out of something I care about. I could easily combine a nutrition/dietetics degree with my social work degree.

As for the Rock Star Challenge, we are five weeks in--which is the halfway point. I missed the last two weekly challenges, and I missed one week of classes, but other than that, I've been doing at least 2 classes a week at that studio, plus bellydance. Tonight I did a core sculpt class and piloxing, before our weekly challenge, so I got in a hell of a workout, and I'll be ever-so-sore for the rest of the week. Totally worth it, though, because as I discovered when I decided (against my initial thoughts) to get my midway measurements taken tonight, I've lost 4.5 pounds and about 3 inches. That was so unexpected because I really haven't been eating well at all. So it was all exercise; now I'm imagining how the losses will pick up as I start to eat better. I might even have a chance at winning the challenge as a whole! (By the by, I did win tonight's weekly challenge, a game of musical yoga mats where we did various exercises to get to the mats, and then various exercises ON the mats. It was fun, although I discovered that I suck at the crabwalk. Thankfully, so does everyone else.)

So that's my update. I've had a long day, as Mondays tend to be for this little manager. 7am meetings are not my friend, but at least my day is halfway over by 11am. I work tomorrow as well, and I have Wednesday off. I think I'll spend that day making pretty things and scheduling doctor appointments (and a massage). Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment